Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to send/receive messages on escargot chat on any client/operating system
Bug 
Since Escargot chat got server update I have been unable to send or receive messages on my account on any supported prepatched clients. I have been trying 4.5 on windows 98 second edition, 7.5 on windows xp, vista, win7 and win10 and windows live messenger 8.1 on Windows 10. Each time I can login just fine and view my own profile, contacts or escargot today, but when try send message to contact who is online fails with "Your message could not be delivered to all recipients". Also I am unable to see profile pictures of active users even they would use messenger 7.0 or higher. If any of my contacts try send message to me, that person messenger shows it as sent but I never receive it. I have been diagnosing this issue since it started with no luck. So far been trying fresh install, change dns off from 1.1.1.1, disable windows firewall, reinstall messenger using one having new patching method from escargot website, enable and disable ssl and enabling tls on internet explorer. Could this be server side issue on my account that prevents me from sending messages? I can login just fine to client, login to escargot site and change my password but sending messages is impossible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You're more likely to get the help you need if you share this in the discord,where most of us are mpre active
(2020-12-01, 10:54 PM)timjames47 Wrote: You're more likely to get the help you need if you share this in the discord,where most of us are mpre active

I am not that active Discord user and prefer use this board for asking help since easier attach logs/other that might be needed to fix my problem since all I tried did not fix it.
Have you checked if you have a firewall on and/or if port 1864 is blocked by your ISP in any way? That's where messaging services are hosted for Escargot (the original service used port 1863 for both presence and messaging servers).

EDIT: Didn't see the firewall portion. I'd still check if anything else might be blocking port 1864. I'd also make sure the friends you're talking to don't have any issues on their end.
(2020-12-08, 06:55 PM)walkingphaser Wrote: Have you checked if you have a firewall on and/or if port 1864 is blocked by your ISP in any way? That's where messaging services are hosted for Escargot (the original service used port 1863 for both presence and messaging servers).

EDIT: Didn't see the firewall portion. I'd still check if anything else might be blocking port 1864. I'd also make sure the friends you're talking to don't have any issues on their end.

I just verified that can access that port using multiple protocols. Friend can send message to others than me. Also second friend is unable reach only me. User images appears blank as shown on picture. Should I enable logging on my client and submit logs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Made log from single session with emails removed using msn network log feature. That log is mostly gibberish to me and wish someone who has been working more with messenger can read that. <My email removed> lines are me removing my email file and <friend email removed> line means my friend email been removed to avoid spam/other

Attached Files
.txt   MsnMsgr-no emails.txt (Size: 68.24 KB / Downloads: 8)